Gospel Operation International was founded in 1995 through the prayers of men and women who sought the will of God over the role of the Chinese church within His kingdom work.
Those prayers have left a legacy that has sent over 140 mission partners to 26 different countries, and has planted over 30 churches. Today, we have 14 active mission fields, and 9 area offices staffed to support our field work.
We continue to diligently pray into God’s work throughout the world. Come join us—let’s go together.
Providence: We are a faith-based mission agency and we rely on God to protect and provide for our needs.
Relation: We emphasize close relationship and collaboration between mission fields and sending offices.
Incarnation: We encourage identification with local cultures and languages. We promote indigenous gospel movements.
Partnership: We promote partnership among sending churches, national churches, and other mission agencies for the task of the Great Commission.
Diaspora: We recognize the experience of worldwide diaspora communities. We seek to reach and equip these communities, thereby blessing the nations.
Diversity: We are diverse and yet united. Under the same vision, we collaborate with people of different denominations, ages, genders, gifts, and cultural backgrounds.
Education: We believe in fostering missionary awareness among the churches and providing practical opportunities for missionary work.
Growth: We focus on the growth of missionaries, promote constant cultural adjustment, and lifelong learning in missional matters.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe there is only one God, eternally existent, manifesting Himself in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that God the Holy Father is almighty, omniscient, with eternal love and righteousness. He is the Creator and Sustainer of all things.
3. We believe Jesus Christ is “God manifest in the flesh”, was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary; He made a substitute for our sins by his sinlessness. Through His death on the cross and His blood, He completed the atonement for sinners. He was resurrected from the dead on the third day and ascended into heaven, to the right hand of the Father. He will come again to establish the eternal kingdom.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third Person in the Holy Trinity, co-existing with the Father and the Son and having the same Deity, authority and glory. His work is to glorify the Son Jesus, to guide, rebuke and strengthen believers by living in their hearts, to call forth churches to obey the Lord Jesus Christ and to implement His great mission.
5. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the flawless, Divinely Inspired, Word of God; fully revealing His will and His plan to save mankind. Scriptures are the supreme divine principles for the life and belief of Christians.
6. We believe that persons were created by God in His image and likeness and that by falling into sin through Adam, all mankind now are sinners and cannot save themselves by their own efforts. Persons can only be saved and acquire the new life by taking Jesus Christ as their saviour; Persons need to confess, repent and be baptised and reborn by the Holy Spirit.
7. We believe that the church is one body, constituted by people born again through the Holy Spirit and headed by Jesus Christ. He has commissioned the church to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to and making disciples of all nations.
8. We believe that there will be a bodily resurrection of the dead. For the just, a resurrection unto eternal life; for the unjust, a resurrection unto judgement.
They prayed together for the mission work of Chinese churches. They recognized the desperate need for a Chinese mission organization focused on sending out missionaries. With the encouragement and support from the churches and their leaders, a board of directors was formed on 8 March. The organization name was determined on the following day. The process of registering with the government as a non- profit organization was begun.
The State Government of California granted approval for GOI’s status as a non-profit organization.
Temporary office was set up at the residence of Rev. Joseph Wong.
GOI started operating in rented office space at 906 Clement Street, New Chinatown of San Francisco.
Inauguration ceremony and commissioning of missionaries was held in ‘the 5th Home of Christ, Cupertino, CA.
Missionaries who agreed with the same vision and joined this new mission organization in the pioneer stage were: Rev. Bob Low (Argentina), Rev. Gideon and Mabel Wu. (Russia), Joseph and Winnie Sze.(Mexico), Rev. Abraham and May Hsueh (USA), followed by Derek and Ena Ng (Jamaica), Rev. Vincent and Carmen Chen (Argentina) and Caleb and Josephine Hua (pioneering district).